Sunday, July 24, 2005

 

Sunday July 24

July 24

We landed at heathrow and took a shuttle to the terminal. The wait for immigration wasn’t really long at all. I showed my passport and work permit and it was all sorted. (Sorted here means it was ok). Then I collected my bags, walked through customs (the green aisle), and found my driver. The driver was set up by the relocation company.

My driver was this old woman who had trouble getting my bags into the car. I basically did all the work. I had converted some cash to pounds but when we got to the hotel, the driver would only take cash and not credit cards. I had to go to an ATM. Of course, it being London, it was cool and rainy.

My hotel basically was a long term studio with a SOFA BED. No air conditioning (which was OK as it never really got hot but not ideal). And the room was only made up once a week. It was in an area of town that was basically deserted on Sunday. It was pretty lonely. I napped, walked around the block ,read some, and went to bed. On my way walking around, some random drunk guy started talking to me, a young Australian and told me to meet him at a bar the following night. I had no intention of doing so but said sure, whatever.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?