Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Sunday October 9

Meant to wake up early as I had a lot to do today. Finally left the flat at like 1230 with intentions of :
1. get a haircut
2. buy shoes for soccer match (indoor shoes as it was on turf)
3. Lunch.
4. bus to battersea park for game

I went to a barber but the wait was long. So I walked down to oxford street to try and find soccer shoes but not cleats. I really wandered all over, went into a JD, Adidas store, foot locker, john Lewis and was unsuccessful. Service here is really horrible so no one helped me and i really wasn't sure what i wanted.

Had a quick fish and chips somewhere while failing to shop and hopped on bus to battersea park 137 bus. Got to game about 10 minutes before 3. we were supposed to meet at 230 but I was fine. Had time to change and stretch. I prob played only 30-40% of the game as we had way too many people. I played some defense and midfield. I think I did ok. we lost 5-1.

After football, headed to Settle Inn for drinks. Firm (a partner) bought a lot of beer, pims, lemonade and food (pita/ hummus, chips, nacho chips). Stayed till 8ish. Found a cab and took it to sports cafe. Met up with ashley. The folks from last week who ashley texted said they would show but we couldnt find them. Eagles sucked.
THey also had a brasil soccer game on. that was crap. not as much fun as previous weeks.

Ashley's friend Amber (her 'little sister' who hangs onto her) and her flatmate were there. Flatmate not as cool as amber who is like super young. also there was ashleys friend maura who is pretty damn cool. i was in bad mood as eagles stunk.
took cab home.. got to bed at 1230.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?